Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Using It Up


For my practice piece, I've sewn together some leftover pieces of Hobbs Thermore, my favorite batting. I'll be using a whole piece for my Jane Stickle quilt, but a patchwork piece of batting will be just fine for the tablerunner (see my previous post). It looks a little wonky in the photo, but it will work.

I always use the flat joining seam (#13) on my Bernina when I piece my batting. It leaves a very nice flat seam and is easy to do. Here's a closeup shot...


And, of course, all other batting pieces that are too small get used up as cloths for my Swiffer floor sweeper.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

now i like that last sentence, must ry that. I have been using microfibre cloths, but you still have to wash them. Talented quilter and home ec expert = Domestic Goddess :-)

Unknown said...

A great way to use up your batting! I wish more people would do that with their scraps.

Diane said...

one of my friends just dropped off a quilt for me to finish for her and she used leftover batting that she put together with that new iron on tape (I think it's a new product-new to me anyway) I've started the quilting and it seems to be working fine-I didn't even notice when I quilted over the tape part. So I just thought I'd share that tidbit w/you all.
I usually sew my leftovers together-batting is too expensive to waste! And I dust mop the floors with the too small scraps too!